To my dear fellow club members:
It’s time for me to map out my summer itinerary and I’d appreciate your help/input. Once again I’ll travel on my trusty G650GS leaving midsummer on a north, northwest, southwest, east path. Here’s a map for starters.
- I will probably be speaking at a women’s rally in Gettysburg, PA on 6/22 (which will get our service personnel excited…gimme your address and I’ll send a postcard).
- From there I’ll go to Niagara Falls and cross into Canada, visiting one of my favorite cities, Toronto. ETA 6/24/12.
- I want to explore the Upper Peninsula and International Falls, then over to see friends in Winnipeg. ETA Winnipeg 7/1, which happens to be Canada Day.
- From there I’m torn between going through Saskatchewan to Alberta then down to Idaho and dipping down into the States to cross from Montana (which is what the map shows right now). Last year in Saskatchewan was pretty miserable. Just seconds after snapping this photo the fierce winds BLEW MY BIKE OVER.
- I’ll be house-sitting for a friend who’s riding her bike to Alaska from Idaho so I’ll be in the Twin Falls area 7/4-20 except when I go to Wyoming to rally with the other Conga riders July 12-14. I’ll do some nice dual sporting there in the Little Big Horn Basin with the locals!
- From Idaho I’ll head over to the AMA Women’s Rally in Carson City, NV, which is the furthest point shown on the map here. It’s 7/26-29.
- From Carson City I’ll probably speak and sell books at the Rally in the Gorge in Washington state 8/1-5 (thanks to club member Bill Kniegge for the intro to organizer Tom Mehren) and TRY to be back for our club rally the following week.
OK, please tell me what you think I should do along the way, and what the best roads/routes will be. THANKS!